"Athletes at Crossfit Anazao represent a broad range of ages, body types, skills, fitness levels, etc, and all are welcomed and encouraged!"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I’m from Timberville, VA, and I work in clinical trials at UVA. Now that I’m 45 and mom to a 4 year old, my relationship to hobbies is that I miss them, including: trail running, hiking, bouldering, and using the bathroom alone. Someday!
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- My goal is simple, to have functional fitness across my lifespan. I chose CrossFit because of the high intensity that it brings, it helps to accomplish my goals but also because of the adaptable structure it gives me. No matter what the workout it, I have something to work on and improve.
What are your favorite movements? What are your least favorites?
- FAVS: I love bench press!! Yaasssss!
- NOT FAVS: Back squat, because I am still trying to engage my posterior chain and learning how to properly activate it.
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- Athletes at Crossfit Anazao represent a broad range of ages, body types, skills, fitness levels, etc, and all are welcomed and encouraged! I’m involved in the CrossFit Open right now, and it has been so humbling to see folks across all fitness levels give 100%, and cheer each other on!
Anything else you wish to add?
- When I started one year ago, I couldn’t do a sit up or a burpee, let alone a handstand or rope climb! Looking forward to another year of fun and gains!
A note from one of our coaches:
Caroline has been one of our most passionate members since day 1. She has brought a high level of focus and commitment to our crew and as she worked hard to learn the many things we have thrown at her. Over the last 2-3 months, she has really taken off and it is evident by her results in the gym; hitting new PRs weekly, learning new skills like getting upside down in a handstand and recently climbing the rope for the first time! We have also enjoyed seeing her be such a team player at the CrossFit Open this year, where you can find her cheering loudly for her fellow athletes and helping her coaches run a smooth event.