"I do CrossFit for me. It’s my time to get myself charged for the day and to clear my mind."
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am originally from Nelson County. I currently live in Churchville with my husband on his family’s farm. We have two adult children, Mackenzie and Elijah. When I’m not at work at Hershey, I enjoy helping on the farm, working out at Anazao and spending time with my family.
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- My current goals are to work on my form to be able to lift heavier. Also I would like work on my cardio endurance. I feel like there is always something to work on and get better at, which keeps me challenged! I do CrossFit for me. It’s my time to get myself charged for the day and to clear my mind.
What are your favorite movements? What are your least favorites?
- FAVS: I love bodyweight movements, they push me in just about every way!
- NOT FAVS: I may be weird, but I am not a fan of deadlifts. I don’t shy away from them, they are a work in progress!
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- I love the atmosphere and the people. It’s like an extended family. We push each other, laugh together, share wins and successes…it just keeps things fresh! And I like that each coach has a little different approach to coaching. You can learn something each session. And the coaching cues they use to help improve your technique, movements and skills.
Anything else you wish to add?
- CrossFit Anazao has something for everyone. No matter where you are in your fitness journey, the coaches find ways to make each workout challenging based on your needs and they meet you where you are.
A note from one of our coaches:
Cindy came to our gym with a solid fitness background, running obstacle races and helping throw hay more days than not. On day one, she was looking to improve in any area that she could. Even today, with all the improvements she has made, she is still hungry for more. Her drive for doing things the right way and getting better daily is very apparent with each class she takes. You can find Cindy at the 9am class pushing her limits, smiling with fantastic energy and cheering on her fellow athletes. Thank you Cindy for always taking whatever we throw your way and crushing it with a smile! We are lucky to have you as a part of our community!