"I found CrossFit by accident six years ago and it changed not only my life but my family's."
Tell us a little about yourself!
- I’m an Augusta county native and JMU alum. I’ve been married to my partner in adventure for 18 years; I have an 11 year old daughter and 12 year old son. We spend our time out at races and soccer games. Downtime is game night and legos.
What are your current goals and why do you do CrossFit?
- My current goal in CrossFit is to continue to do the things I’m not good at and don’t want to do, to push myself past comfortable. I found CrossFit by accident six years ago and it changed not only my life but my family’s. The physical impact is secondary to the mental impact of challenging yourself to do hard things in and out of the gym.
What are your favorite movments? How about your least favorite?
- Hinge movements like DB snatches, KB swings, slam ball, deadlift, and row are my favorites. I like the simplicity and force you can get in these movements. I have recently been liking push ups for the first time ever.
- I don’t like overhead squats or snatches I have no stability. I also don’t like large sets I’d rather do 10 sets of 10 reps any day over a single set of 100.
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- When I started a year ago I had spent over two years having my body betray me through injury and autoimmune disease. I didn’t know if I could comeback to CrossFit but I wanted to so badly. The coaches and community went above and beyond to welcome me and support my journey on the good and bad days.
A note from one of our coaches…
Heather has always been a fighter. It was evident from the first workout we had with her. Fighting through her autoimmune disease, she does not allow herself any easy way out. She simply accepts where she is on the day and how she is feeling and asks what she can do in place of something that isn’t feeling the best to keep pressing forward and still get in her workout. Through that, she has seen a lot of success in 2023! Her consistency and desire to improve and challenge herself has been fun to watch as we have seen the growth come from those opportunities. Thank you Heather for smiling through your workouts, elevating our community and for your desire to improve your own health and wellness!