"CrossFit gives me the energy I was missing for most of my life!"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am originally from Southwest Virginia but I’ve lived in the Valley for almost 20 years. Married to my wife Amy for 19 years and we have two children. I’m currently having a blast helping my two kiddos develop with softball and baseball. I love farming (but don’t have one) and reading SciFi/Fantasy novels and listening to true crime podcasts. Football was my main sport through high school and a little while in college as well.
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- CrossFit gives me the energy I was missing most of my life! That is the biggest thing that keeps me coming back and what I was lacking prior to finding Anazao. I’ve been attending for one year now and I can move much better than when I started. Well…at least on the days I’m not too sore!
What are your favorite movements? What are your least favorites?
- FAVS: I love almost every barbell exercise with the exception of overhead squats, they are a struggle for me. But anything else, lifting heavy weight is what I like!
- NOT FAVS: Overhead squats and burpees are both my Kryptonite!
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- Anazao truly feels like a family, I’ve felt loved from day one. Being able to cheer on and sweat with people both 20 years younger and older than me makes for a fun diverse community.
Anything else you wish to add?
- The coaches really know their stuff! I’ve studied barbell training extensively and they continually impress me with their knowledge and ability to see proper movements and advise adjustments when needed.
A note from one of our coaches:
Jarrod has been one of those members from day one, you knew he was there to work hard and make improvements to his life. He has been so dedicated in attendance and has committed to his overall health and wellness. A year later, he is seeing the results and doing things he has never done before. Best of all, he does these things while supporting the athletes next to him; cracking jokes to make us laugh, sharing recipes of new things he has tried and pushing hard on workouts, even getting out of his comfort zone with running longer distances. Thanks for uplifting our community Jarrod!