"everyone is willing to help one another become a better version of themselves"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I’m from South Texas. I am married to my beautiful wife Lidia and I am a father of two boys. I enjoy watching football in the fall and going to the beach in the summer with my family. Before joining CrossFit, I had very little background on fitness.
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- My current goals are to continue to improve my overall health and wellness. I CrossFit because my children are growing up and very active and I want to be able to keep up with them and do things they want to do.
What are your favorite movements? What are your least favorites?
- FAVS: I love power cleans! It is a new movement for me but I like the feeling of lifting heavy weight from the ground to my shoulder.
- NOT FAVS: Without question…burpees!
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- I think the special thing about CrossFit Anazao is every member of Anazao, from the coaches to the members I work out with, are always willing to help one another become a better version of themselves. Whether it is through encouragement, sharing techniques that work for them, or sharing their personal experience in CrossFit.
Anything else you wish to add?
- I look forward to continued growth in my health and wellness journey and improving my technique and abilities at Anazao!
A note from one of our coaches:
Calm, cool and collected…Josue has this ability to make you feel his presence in class without saying a word. He is always leading by example and gives a helping hand to anyone in his class or even in another class. I remember doing the CrossFit Open earlier this year and he had only been a member for about 6 weeks and yet he was in the middle of all the action, helping athletes change out weights, setting up equipment, cheering on everyone and putting others before himself. That is what you get when you meet this man and we are thrilled that he represents our gym every day. He has asked for feedback to get better, he puts in extra time before and after class to improve his game and at our recent Field Day event, he showed that he is someone that you want on your team (Tug of War anyone?!). Thanks for being you Josue and for setting an example each day!