"Life’s too short not to have fun and to feel sore every now and then"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am from North Carolina and I work for Schneider as a Driver Manager. Schneider hauls the freight for the Target DC in Stuarts Draft. My hobbies mainly consist of fitness – running, hiking, all things CrossFit, and sports, but when I’m not in the fitness mood, I love to travel (beach and mountains), be with my family, ride four wheelers, landscape, and eat eat eat food. 1 Corinthians 10:31 I have been doing CrossFit for five years now. If you asked me years ago, never once did I think I would be throwing around a barbell or jumping on boxes. Before CrossFit, I played sports. I played volleyball, basketball, and softball. I took my volleyball career to the collegiate level. I found my love for running during college. I used to despise running, but now I can’t get enough miles in the day. 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- While I have several goals for CrossFit, my main goal is to have FUN. I call CrossFit my social hour. I enjoy the athletes, competition, and getting in a good sweat. Why do I do CrossFit, because I can. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. I have always thought of people who simply cannot do the things I can do because of many situations. I am so blessed and thankful to be able to do CrossFit. Colossians 3:17
What are your favorite movements to do in a workout? What are your least favorite?
- A favorite movement, I would say all the endurance movements (running, box jumps, kettlebell swings, double unders, pull ups, sit ups, …basically all the lung burner exercises, but I do love some good ole heavy barbell lifts. Keeps me grounded. Proverbs 31:17. Least favorite movement would be a kettlebell squat snatch. Awkward and weird; however, we can do all things if we set our minds to it. Philippians 4:13.
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- CrossFit Anazao is full of special athletes. I felt very loved and missed while I was out with my dad’s passing. 2 Samuel 2:6. I was so excited to get back not only to exercise, but to see the people who I have missed. Made my heart smile!
Anything you wish to add?
- If you’re in doubt trying CrossFit. Why? Is it because of the expense, not in shape, or timid of people? My advice is, just do it. Life’s too short not to have fun and to feel sore every now and then. Isaiah 40:31
A note from one of our coaches:
Paige has only been with us less than a year, but she has completely elevated our gym for our coaches and our members. She is extremely humble and is one of the hardest workers in the room. Her athletic background has not only set herself up for success but it carries over to her fellow athletes. She pushes them to work harder. She challenges them to keep up. She encourages them when they want to quit. She has a huge heart and it is shown with every workout she completes. She makes everyone around her better through friendly competition and also sincerity for wanting everyone to achieve more.