"Everyone (coaches included) are so encouraging, caring, helpful, considerate and good-hearted"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- Hi everyone! I was born and raised in Lyndhurst. I moved 100 yards away from my childhood home. I am almost one year away from turning 30. I have been married to my husband, Brandon since October 2014. We have two little girls, Hannah is 5 and Rachel is 3. I love to hike, kayak, fish, bike, read, shop and drink coffee. We are all very active in our church. I am involved in the women’s event planning committee, leading and being apart of many Bible studies, and attending VERY regularly at our church, Bridge. Our church is my second home. I joke you can find me either at home, church, the gym or Target. My entire family means the world to me as well as my faith. I have ZERO background in fitness. I was the kid the coach yelled at in P.E. to either “run or fail.” I never played sports. So, how did I end up at Anazao?! It’s a long story for another day but to sum it up, God literally told me to come here. So, I’ve been here since April 2022 with no plans on ever stopping my membership!
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- I thought when I joined Anazao it would help me boost my weight-loss. I had lost 60 pounds in 5 months though diet alone before coming here. I know I have eating problems, I am very real and open with my journey. From July-December 2022, I gained back 25 pounds of what I had lost. But I still never gave up on making it into the gym!! Since January 1, I am currently down 10.8 pounds and over 19.5 inches! So I am getting back to where I was, I am still a work in progress! I am never giving up. I am proud of this journey to health. I began recently doing a ugly burpee but thinking back to April 2022, I was doing up downs to a bench! My goals this year is to do ONE pull up, beat my 14:49 mile run time, and deadlift what I used to weigh, 273+ pounds.
What are your favorite movements? What are your least favorites?
- FAVS: I love to do things that make me feel strong: deadlift, hang power cleans, split jerks and I actually enjoy thrusters.
- NOT FAVS: I don’t like to do things that make me feel weak: bench presses, overhead squats and snatches. I loathe wall balls, yet I suck it up and do them anyways!
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- What is NOT special about Anazao?! Where do I begin?! ALL the coaches are hands down the best. Des and Ben especially have been right beside me on my journey. They have seen all my moods! They are so encouraging to me, understanding, and are always on my cheering squad! The community at Anazao is something special, we are all a big family. Everyone (coaches included) are so encouraging, caring, helpful, considerate and good-hearted. I am so thankful for each one of you. I have met the best people. Anazao is not “just a gym.”
Anything else you wish to add?
- “Whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31
A note from one of our coaches:
When Sarah joined us, she had some big goals in her future. She was a little shy and timid but that never gave her an excuse. She knew what she wanted to accomplish and finding an easy way out was not an option for her. She went from an athlete that came in 3 days/week to learn form and let her body adjust to the program and now she is consistently there 5 days/week and even asking for things to do on the weekends to keep her moving. By staying the course and “trusting the process” she has not only crushed her goals but also developed new ones! She always shows up early with a smile on her face, ready to work and do whatever she can to keep finding success!