"I am nowhere near where I want to be, but I know that Crossfit Anazao and the people that go there will be cheering me on every step of the way"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am from Alexandria, VA (right outside of DC) I live in Waynesboro with my girlfriend, two dogs, and cat. I love to go hiking with them, trying new food, and traveling.
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- My goals for CrossFit is to get stronger and gain confidence.
What are your favorite movements to do in a workout? What are your least favorite?
- My favorite movement in a workout would probably be squats. It is challenging but a movement you do not have to think too much about! My least favorite would be sit ups. I feel like I’m suffocating the entire time and my asthma hates me for it.
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- The community that CrossFit Anazao has built is amazing! I look forward to going in and working out with everyone. They have built my confidence and helped me come out of my shell. They have checked in on me to make sure that I have all the tools I need to be successful.
Anything you wish to add?
- Coming from Northern Virginia I am used to a fast paced life. I am used to many people not talking to each other and just worrying about themselves. When moving to Waynesboro, Christina and I were trying to find a community that was the opposite of that. We found that at CrossFit Anazao. I was surprised at how accepting and encouraging everyone was. Going to work out there is like a breath of fresh air. I am nowhere near where I want to be, but I know that CrossFit and the people that go there will be cheering me on every step of the way.
A note from one of our coaches:
Stephanie has made incredible gains since joining CrossFit Anazao just a few short months ago. She now radiates confidence and is constantly striving to be better. She brings with her a positive attitude and a bright smile each day she walks through the doors. Her hard work and dedication toward taking her health and wellness to the next level is apparent and we’re proud to call her a fellow athlete and friend. Our community is stronger and more uplifting with people like her in it. Stephanie…Keep killin’ it!