"I love seeing growth on my lifts and being able to do movements I was not able to do before"
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I’ve lived in the valley my whole life, but I currently live in Stuarts Draft with my husband, Keith. I work at McKee Foods (Little Debbie) in the ingredient receiving warehouse. I enjoy hiking, running, traveling, hanging out with my friends, going to breweries and of course eating all the food. I also enjoy running local 5k’s and 10k’s as well as Spartan races. As far as fitness experience, I played some soccer growing up, but as an adult I didn’t really get into health and fitness seriously until about 6 years ago. I decided I needed to change my health habits, so I started with joining a gym that did HIIT workouts, and went from there!
What are your goals for CrossFit? Why do you do CrossFit?
- My current goals are to keep building overall strength, to get faster, and to be able to string together more pull ups and toes to bar! I CrossFit because I love the challenge each workout presents and the feeling of accomplishment from completing a workout. I love seeing growth on my lifts and being able to do movements I was not able to before.
What are your favorite movements to do in a workout? What are your least favorite?
- FAVS: Power cleans, push jerks, push ups, deadlifts, pull ups, most cardio movements ( running, box jumps, burpees, etc.)
- NOT FAVS: Rowing, snatches, overhead squats…because I’m not good at those, haha.
What do you think is special about CrossFit Anazao?
- Definitely the people! The coaches always make sure you get a killer workout, but also make sure you are performing each movement safely and with good form. I have learned so much from each one of them, I can’t thank them enough for sharing their knowledge and helping me grow as an athlete. The members are so welcoming and encouraging. The sense of community at this gym is unlike anything I have experienced at a gym before. No matter where you are in your fitness journey, everyone will be cheering you on and pushing you to be your best!
A note from one of our coaches:
Are you saying Pan? Or Pam? But seriously, what we love most about Pam “Bobbie Jo” Ramsey is that she is always smiling and uplifting to her fellow athletes. She is always willing to listen to coaches to improve her overall technique and performance. She shows up, ready to work and pushes hard on the movements that may not be her favorites so she can improve them. She doesn’t shy away from her weaknesses, but instead looks to make herself better and stronger through practice. Thanks Pamsey…Meredith…for being yourself and also responding to nearly any name we call you! HAHA!